There are many selections of Moss Phlox, all of them forming a low mound or cushion of dark green needle-like leaves, smothered by tiny flowers in late spring. This is a vigorous variety, with a showy display of deep lavender-blue flowers. Exhibits excellent disease resistance. Wonderful in the sunny rock garden, for edging, or in mixed containers. Drought tolerant, once established.
- Flower Colour - Light Blue
- Blooming Time - Mid Spring, Late Spring
- Foliage Color - Deep Green
- Flower Head Size - Very Small
- Height - 10-15 cm 4-6 inches
- Spread - 45-60 cm 18-23 inches
- Foot Traffic - Light
- Growth Rate - Medium
- Sun Exposure - Full Sun
- Soil Type - Normal, Sandy or Clay
- Soil pH - Neutral, Alkaline or Acid
- Soil Moisture - Average or Dry
- Care Level - Easy
- USDA Zone: 2-9
- Clip plants lightly immediately after blooming to encourage a dense habit.
- Clumps may be ripped apart and divided in early fall, after 3 to 4 years.
- Requires good drainage.
- Alpine & Rock
- Drought Tolerant
- Ground Cover
- Wild Flower