With the thousands of hybrid selections that are now available, the species Daylilies are being sadly neglected. This is always the first Daylily to bloom. Flowers are lemon-yellow with a strong citrus fragrance, held on tall stems above grassy foliage. Will slowly spread to form a colony. Good choice for naturalizing. Nice planted near a patio area. Useful also as a cut flower.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Blooming Time: Late Spring, Early Summer
- Foliage Color: Deep Green
- Flower Head Size: Medium
- Foot Traffic: None
- Growth Rate: Medium
- USDA Zone: 2-9
- Full Sun or Partial Shade
- Plants do not usually require dividing for several years, but are easily split apart in fall or early spring.
- Spent flower stems can be trimmed back after flowers are finished.
- Remove old foliage in late fall.
- Accent: Good Texture/Form
- Cut Flower
- Drought Tolerant
- Rabbit Resistant
- Ground Cover
- full sun. Drought resistant ph neutral rich organic or sandy fertilize lightly no hi nitrogen divide in 3-5 yrs. 2016-2017 is 3 yrs